Friday, July 3, 2020

Crafting and Reading go hand-in-hand

My nephews are summer babies. One has a birthday on June 27 and the other is July 25! They're turning 6 and 8 this summer (or 8 and 6, if you want to go in the right order) and they've been reading Harry Potter with their parents. I bought them each a gift from their wish lists but I wanted to make something special as well.

And so, here we go:

The Sorting Hat!

And Hedwig!

I found both patterns on Ravelry.

Both are crochet. The Sorting Hat is a free pattern that you can find here.

Hedwig is a paid pattern called the Wizard's Snowy Owl. It was more challenging for me because while I made the pieces easily, I haven't done a lot of stuffed animals. Connecting everything was more of a challenge. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Modern Mrs. Darcy 2020

Happy New Year! Every year I take on these reading challenges and really bite off more than I can chew, if I'm being completely honest. ...